Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I can't sleep

I woke up this morning (2:30am) to the singing of a loud
mockingbird just outside my window. This is the second time in as many days that this has happened. It's a bit funny because I just saw the movie Failure to Launch. Well, there is a woman in the movie who wants to kill the mockingbird outside her window, because it won't shut up.

Anyway, since I couldn't sleep, I decided to open up my Bible and read, and then to put a post on here.



So...what do you do when you can't sleep?

9 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I think your "little friend" just wanted to be the first to wish you a Happy Birthday!!

What a great day to "launch" your blog... :)

Have a good one!!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Welcome to the blogosphere!

11:03 AM  
Blogger leslie said...

I usually can't sleep b/c it's between 2 and 3 am in the morning and my upstairs neighbor is doing Tae Bo (at least I think). So, I get the broom and bang on the celing :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Karla said...

When I can't sleep, I lie there and try to analyze why I am not sleeping. Once I figure it out, I dwell on that for a while. Then after tossing and turning and thinking, I read Psalms.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Steven and Amanda said...

One word ... Nyquil.

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Jessica was right...little birdie was singing you Happy Birthday...hope it was good one! ;)

12:17 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Steven,
you used three words. =P

2:46 PM  
Blogger Aimee said...

Happy Birthday! I loved Failure to Launch, but more for the Matthew factor :) When I can't sleep, i snack and then either read or watch Nick at Night re-runs...good stuff.

My poor dog is still upset at the comments thrown his way Saturday...bless his heart =)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Erin said...

THIS is what I do when I can't sleep.

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home