Wednesday, April 05, 2006

All a Board!!!

I know, the season is almost over, but I was able to snag a great deal on a trip to Lake Louise, CA. I love going to the mountains! I love to see how they rise up out of the earth and tower over everything. From a plane they don't seem so large, but go to the base of one and start to ascend it. You'll find out just how tiny you are. Still, I'm reminded of how significant I am in the sight of God. He is an even greater being than my mind can even fathom, and yet He still desires to be close to me. I mean, with a thought He could easily crush the mountains to dust, but He witholds such power choosing to speak softly, intimately to our hearts; wooing us to be with Him.
I can't wait to go snowboarding and get up on top of the mountains! I can't wait to see the power of God through His creation from the mountain top!

Let the glory of the Lord endure forever;
Let the Lord be glad in His works;
He looks at the earth, and it trembles;
He touches the mountains, and they smoke.
I will sing to the Lord as long as I live;
I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
Psalm 104: 31-33

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand.
When I awake, I am still with You.
Psalm 139:17,18

"The Lord your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
Zephaniah 3:17

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

i love skiing and i miss the mountains! i wish i could look out the window and see the mountain ranges like i used to.... take me with you chris!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Skiing, like beer and sushi is just proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home